Tuesday, October 13, 2009

fall

the other day i was riding my bike down tenth avenue, admiring the light on the pavement and the the mustard and marigold leaves, when a rogue chestnut flew past my head and smashed to the ground not two feet in front of me. i thought "wow! that chestnut almost hit me!"

and maybe that's what i need right now. a chestnut to the head to wake me up and knock me into shape.

maybe if you get a concussion when you already feel like you have a concussion it has the opposite affect and instead of feeling fuzzy and tired you feel clear and alert.

i kept on riding my bike. tenth avenue is a lovely bike route in the fall so long as you're on the lookout for falling chestnuts. although by the amount of smushed chestnuts covering the road it would appear that chestnut season is almost over.

by the time i got to kingsway i had stopped thinking about chestnuts and was instead fixated on the bright yellow dog taxi rounding the corner ahead of me.



No comments: