Wednesday, December 16, 2009

al franken is my hero

Al Franken makes my little heart sore. Watching him fresh-faced in the senate over the last few months has really excited me... He's such a great performer (obviously, because he's a great comedian) and I love that he's not afraid to just burst into his "This is totally fucked!" moments.

Because the senate is totally fucked. And politicians are fucked. And everyone's lying and making stuff up, and Franken is so new that he's not afraid to call them out and say that they are acting crazy. It's refreshing. He often takes the words right out of my mouth.

It makes me excited for the movie that's eventually going to come out about Franken and his fight against the establishment. You know what I mean, underdog comedian takes on Republican strong-hold in an all out battle for the seat, wins after a long, drawn out recount, and then takes on the entrenched Senate--new blood mixing with old blood--he doesn't follow anyone's rules but his own. It's going to be glorious.

I'm going to say it here folks, I think Franken might one day be a serious contender for President of the United States of America. Yes.

Here's his moment from this week, compliments of Talkingpointsmemo.com:


No comments: