Friday, November 14, 2008

transitions

For the first time in my lifetime I get to really witness and pay attention to the transfer of power from one president (and party) to the next. I was sixteen when Clinton passed the torch to Bush Jr. and obviously occupied with issues much more important than how the president and president-elect work together--or not work together. Considering I haven't given much thought to how this process works I'm definitely going to have to do some more background reading before really delving into it on here. However, it's going to be very interesting to see how this transition takes place--especially in such a volatile time--and I plan on devoting a number of posts to the process and the decisions that President-elect Obama (man it feels good to write that!) makes over the next few months.

No comments: